Sunday, November 2, 2008

More from SU! Regionals

So for those of you who don't know the happenings of a Stampin' Up Regional Meet...well this was my first one so I'm no expert - all I can tell you is that it was FUN!
I had to wake up really early, because I was carpooling with Kim from Stamp-a-rama. I got there a little after 5:30 am. The plan was to be out of the door at 6:00 a.m. so we could stake out a good spot. It was a fun drive up to San Antonio. Kim drove her new, pretty SAAB with her friend Keli, Lydia from Understand Blue and her friend Neelam. I'm not really a morning person, but it was a lively group and you couldn't help but feel chipper. We got to the convention center and it was kind of funny. You could tell who was there for the regional meet - a large migratory group carrying their stamping totes and luggage, swap bags in hand. I really like that everyone comes together, and really connect because of a common bond. It sounds cheesy, but that's how it was. Everyone there was wonderfully nice - you can tell that this was a group of very generous and kind people. :)
We went up to the registration table and picked up our free stamp set and our make and take kits. We got there at a good time, because there was hardly a wait.


We staked out a spot in front of the door and people would come by with their swaps. It was really cool, it felt like Christmas, everyone exchanging their handmade gifts. I’m really happy with the swaps I received, there were so many beautiful ones! I’m not sure if I can post them, but they are so pretty I would like to share them. *If you’re the creator of any of these cards, please let me know if you want me to remove them, otherwise give me your info so I can credit you! :D


Then they let us through the doors and I saw Kim make a mad dash to get a great spot in perfect view of the big screen - it was a great spot!
There were also easels all over the room displaying cards to help inspire people.


I also got to meet Shelli Gardner, the founder of Stampin’ Up! and she was a very lovely person. :) Shelli is kind of a rock star in the stamping world, people were cheering and screaming. She started off the regional meet by demonstrating a cute Halloween game. There were so many great projects we got to make. I’ll be posting those with tutorials soon.

No comments: