Sunday, November 16, 2008

Ranch-ish themed birthday cards

My friend Cody asked me to make birthday cards for his parents. This was fun, because it required me to find and use some stamps that I normally would not use. His dad likes outdoorsy things, but not camping or fishing which are the "manliest" stamps I own. Luckily, Kim from Stamp-a-rama was kind enough to let me use her stamp set to make this little number. I actually like how it turned out, and now that I have used the set, I certainly appreciate it more. The images I stamped in the background could work so nicely for so many things! The ribbon is from the latest Stampin' Up mini catalog, and coordinates very nicely with the new Riding Hood Red In Color paper.


I used:
Card stock - Riding Hood Red (base), Chocolate Chip and White
Stamps - SU! Wanted, SU! Bitty Birthday

For his mom's card, she likes chickens alot, which is one of the only barnyard animals I don't have stamps of. I did find this really cute one of a chicken and some sheep on ChristianBook.com. I colored in the image using Stampin' Pastels and blender pens, and mounted pieces on top of a paper I ran through the Cuttlebug.


I generally don't do anything for the inside of the card since I usually have a whole story to write, so it just gets in the way if I stamp anything on the inside. But this time I decided I would, and I found a great little add on. I found a booklet at Jo-Ann's Fabrics in the scrap book section and it had different little sentiments on vellum. I picked up ones for birthdays, thank you's and love/wedding. So I mounted that on a piece of DSP and attached it with silver brads.

I used:
Card stock - Opulent Orchid (base), Pixie Pink, So Saffron, Prints Pack DSP (retired) and White
Stamps - Sheep and Chicken (Christian Book)

No comments: