Friday, January 18, 2013

StampingChallenges -- SC3 (Valentine's Card)

Today I'm excited to share my third sketch challenge for Stamping Challenges  (SC3 -- January 18, 2013).  


As I mentioned previously -- It's made up of a lively group of avid stampers, so I'm very proud to get to stamp alongside them. (Even if not physically next to them, in spirit!)



Each week they create a sketch for you to try, and the challenge is for you to interpret it the way you see those elements used -- make substitutions with your creativity!

It's open to everyone, so start stamping with us today.


I absolutely love making Valentine's cards. I have three big card pushes each year: Christmas, Valentine's and Mother's Day. Those are the cards I sell the most of, birthday cards are always in demand too but never all at once like these events. 

When asked if Valentine's is my favorite holiday, I always reply that I love ANY reason to celebrate. So it's not specifically any one day that I like more. I think it's fun, but I also think that if you're fortunate enough to have a very special someone that you love them every day, not just Valentine's. But there is something nice about making someone feel very special (and having them make you feel so, too!)

Here was the sketch to work from:


Here is the card I designed:

Get the materials to make this card here:



For this card I used
Cardstock:
- Crumb Cake (base)
-  Whisper White

- Primrose Petals
- Pool Party



Designers Series Paper:

- More Amore

Stamp Sets:

- Pretty Petites

- Ciao Baby 


No comments: